Jump to Main Content
- Urbanc, Brigita, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2016 v.1864 no.3 pp. 249-259
- Alzheimer disease; amyloid; atomic force microscopy; biomimetics; brain; copper; crosslinking; fluorescence; human diseases; hydrogen ions; hydrogen peroxide; lipids; neurotoxicity; oxidative stress; peptides; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis
- ... Oligomeric assemblies are postulated to be proximate neurotoxic species in human diseases associated with aberrant protein aggregation. Their heterogeneous and transient nature makes their structural characterization difficult. Size distributions of oligomers of several amyloidogenic proteins, including amyloid β-protein (Aβ) relevant to Alzheimer's disease (AD), have been previously characterized ...
- Urbanc, Brigita, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Journal of physical chemistry 2015 v.119 no.42 pp. 13237-13251
- amino acids; hydrogen bonding; molecular dynamics; peptides; population growth; solvents; surface area
- ... Amino acid residues of unfolded peptides in water sample only a few basins in the Ramachandran plot, including prominent polyproline II-like (pPII) conformations. Dynamics of guest residues, X, in GXG peptides in water were recently reported to be dominated by pPII and β-strand-like (β) conformations, resulting in an enthalpy–entropy compensation at ∼300 K. Using molecular dynamics (MD) in explici ...