Jump to Main Content
- Corbalan, Natalia S., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2019 v.107 pp. 325-330
- antimicrobial properties; cellulose microfibrils; peptides; salami; sorption; sorption isotherms
- ... This work aimed to study Microcin J25(G12Y) (MccJ25(G12Y)) sorption to fibrous and microfibrillated cellulose (MFC) films for setting up anti-E. coli materials. The Freundlich model showed the best fit for both films, suggesting a physisorption process, and similar affinity between the peptide and both cellulose-based matrices, which in turn appeared to be equally heterogeneous. Migration studies ...
- Corbalán, Natalia S., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- FEMS microbiology letters 2010 v.311 no.2 pp. 185-192
- Escherichia coli; RNA; bacteria; cytoplasm; gene expression regulation; genes; loci; mutagenesis; mutants; peptides; stress response; tetracycline; transcription factors
- ... The SbmA protein is involved in the transport of MccB17-, MccJ25-, bleomycin- and proline-rich peptides into the Escherichia coli cytoplasm. sbmA gene homologues were found in a variety of bacteria. However, the physiological role of this protein still remains unknown. Previously, we found that a combination of sbmA and tolC mutations in Tn10-carrying E. coli K-12 strains results in hypersusceptib ...