Jump to Main Content
- Roelofs, W.L., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2002 v.99 no.2 pp. 620-624
- Epiphyas postvittana; complementary DNA; amino acid sequences; monounsaturated fatty acids; genes; nucleotide sequences; pheromone glands; dienoic fatty acids; enzyme activity
- ... Moth species have evolved integral membrane desaturases that exhibit a wide diversity in substrate specificity, as well as in regiospecificity and stereospecificity of the unsaturated products. We report here the cloning and expression of a single desaturase from the sex pheromone gland of the light brown apple moth, Epiphyas postvittana, that makes E11 isomers of monounsaturated (E11-16 and E11-1 ...
- PubMed Central:
- Roelofs, W.L., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Insect biochemistry and molecular biology 2004 v.34 no.12 pp. 1315
- Spodoptera littoralis; stearoyl-CoA desaturase; complementary DNA; nucleotide sequences; amino acid sequences; sequence homology; phylogeny; fat body; pheromone glands; gene expression; sex pheromones; biosynthesis
- ... Desaturation of fatty acids is a key reaction in the biosynthesis of moth sex pheromones. The main component of Spodoptera littoralis sex pheromone blend is produced by the action of delta11 and delta9 desaturases. In this article, we report on the cloning of four desaturase-like genes in this species: one from the fat body (Sls-FL1) and three (Sls-FL2, Sls-FL3 and Sls-FL4) from the pheromone glan ...