Jump to Main Content
- Dahal, Bibha, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- International journal of antimicrobial agents 2019 v.54 no.1 pp. 80-84
- Zika virus; antiviral agents; apoptosis; caspase-3; genotype; glucose; glucose transporters; median effective concentration; phosphorylation; Puerto Rico
- ... Zika virus (ZIKV) is a re-emerging Flavivirus that has been linked to microcephaly and other neurological pathologies. In this study, phloretin, a glucose transporter inhibitor naturally derived from plants, was used to investigate the glucose dependence of ZIKV replication in host cells. The results showed that phloretin significantly decreased infectious titres of two ZIKV strains, namely MR766 ...
- Dahal, Sita, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Current genetics 2014 v.60 no.3 pp. 193-200
- adenosine; amino acids; consensus sequence; phosphorylation; protein kinases; screening; yeasts
- ... Chemical molecules that inhibit protein kinase activity are important tools to assess the functions of protein kinases in living cells. To develop, test and characterize novel inhibitors, a convenient and reproducible kinase assay is of importance. Here, we applied a biotinylated peptide-based method to assess adenosine triphosphate-competitive inhibitors that target the yeast kinases Hog1, Elm1 a ...