Jump to Main Content
- Santos, Willy G., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2015 v.63 no.18 pp. 4629-4637
- alcohols; cholecalciferol; energy transfer; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; hydrophobicity; isomerization; nutrients; oxygen; photolysis; photooxidation
- ... Cholecalciferol, vitamin D3, was found to isomerize to 5,6-trans-vitamin-D3 with a quantum yield of 0.15 Â± 0.01 in air-saturated 7/3 tert-butyl alcohol/water (v/v) at 25 Â°C, increasing to 0.32 Â± 0.02 in the absence of oxygen, through quenching of triplet excited state flavin mononucleotide, FMN, rather than becoming oxidized. The quenching was found by laser flash photolysis to have a rate cons ...
- Santos, Willy
G., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2013 v.61 no.9 pp. 2268-2275
- cholesterol; conjugated linoleic acid; dissociation; ergosterol; esters; eyes; hydrogen; oxidation; photolysis; phytosterols; polyunsaturated fatty acids; riboflavin
- ... Methyl esters of polyunsaturated fatty acids were found to quench triplet-excited riboflavin (³Rib) in efficient bimolecular reactions with rate constants, as determined by laser flash photolysis, linearly depending upon the number of bis-allylic methylene (from 1 to 5). Deactivation of ³Rib is predicted by combining the experimental second-order rate constants k₂ determined for acetonitrile/water ...