Jump to Main Content
- Nejad, Abdolhossein Rezaei, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Open Agriculture 2018 v.3 no.1 pp. 670-677
- Cercis siliquastrum; growth traits; heavy metals; irrigation water; lead; leaf area; leaves; nitrates; nitrogen compounds; plant analysis; plant growth; pollutants; seedlings; shoots; soil; toxicity; trees; water content
- ... Lead is presently a significant heavy metal pollutant that is toxic for all types of life and is of worldwide concern. Various strategies may be applied to increase tolerance of plants to heavy metals, for example nitrogenous compounds have been shown to exert such effects. In the present study combinations of lead levels (0, 15, 30 mgL-1) and nitrate levels (0, 50, 100 mgL-1) applied through irri ...
- Nejad, Abdolhossein Rezaei, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of experimental botany 2007 v.58 no.3 pp. 627-636
- Tradescantia virginiana; abscisic acid; leaves; plant growth; relative humidity; single nucleotide polymorphism; sodium; stomata; stomatal movement; water stress
- ... In this study, the role of abscisic acid (ABA) in altered stomatal responses of Tradescantia virginiana leaves grown at high relative air humidity (RH) was investigated. A lower ABA concentration was found in leaves grown at high RH compared with leaves grown at moderate RH. As a result of a daily application of 20 μM ABA to leaves for 3 weeks during growth at high RH, the stomata of ABA-treated l ...