Jump to Main Content
- Velankar, Meera H.; Heble, Mohan R.
- Journal of plant biochemistry and biotechnology 2004 v.13 no.2 pp. 153-156
- Vanilla planifolia, etc ; acetic acid; benzyladenine; biotransformation; callus; explants; high performance liquid chromatography; naphthaleneacetic acid; pods; rooting; shoots; vanilla beans; vanillin; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The multiple shoots and callus cultures of Vanilla planifolia obtained from the nodal explant on MS medium supplemented with 6-benzylaminopurine (BAP) 2 mg l⁻¹ and α-naphthalene acetic acid (NAA) 2 mg l⁻¹ were maintained by regular subculturing every 30 days and also cultured liquid MS medium of the same hormonal combination. Shoots were transferred to the MS basal medium for rooting. Different ex ...
- Ruiz-Teran, F.; Perez-Amador, I.; Lopez-Munguia, A.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2001 v.49 no.11 pp. 5207-5209
- Vanilla planifolia, etc ; pods; vanillin; extraction; cell walls; degradation; polygalacturonase; enzyme activity; cellulases; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Glucovanillin was extracted from green pods and simultaneously transformed to vanillin by a combination of enzyme activities involving cell wall degradation and glucovanillin hydrolysis. The reaction is best carried out with 47.5% v/v aqueous ethanol solution during 8 h at 70 degrees C, in a two-step enzymatic reaction using Viscozyme followed by Celluclast, two commercial enzymatic products conta ...
- Dignum, M.J.W.; Kerler, J.; Verpoorte, R.
- Phytochemical analysis 2001 v.12 no.3 pp. 174-179
- Vanilla planifolia, etc ; beta-glucosidase; peroxidase; plant extracts; pods; enzyme activity; buffers; pH; cold storage; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... The extraction method for beta-glucosidase from green vanilla beans has been studied. The effect of storage of green beans and protein extracts on beta-glucosidase and peroxidase activity was investigated: the best method, resulting in the highest enzyme activities, particularly for glucosidase, was through extraction of very fresh green beans in the presence of BisTris propane buffer at pH 8. The ...