Jump to Main Content
- Pogorzelec, Magdalena; Serafin, Artur; Banach-Albińska, Barbara; Szczurowska, Agnieszka; Parzymies, Marzena; Bronowicka-Mielniczuk, Urszula
- Acta agrobotanica 2016 v.69 no.4 pp. aa.1679
- Salix myrtilloides, etc ; endangered species; gene pool; glucose; landscapes; males; peatlands; pollen; pollen tubes; reproductive success; staining; swamps; temperature; viability; Poland; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Salix myrtilloides L. (swamp willow) is the most endangered species among the boreal Salix species in Poland. The number and size of its population have been decreasing constantly since the 1990s. The main aim of the study was to determine the viability of collected S. myrtilloides pollen and optimal conditions for its in vitro germination. The pollen of S. myrtilloides was collected from 25 male ...
- Pogorzelec, Magdalena; Głębocka, Katarzyna; Hawrylak-Nowak, Barbara; Bronowicka-Mielniczuk, Urszula
- Polish Journal of Ecology 2015 v.63 no.3 pp. 352-364
- Salix myrtilloides, etc ; endangered species; genetic variation; in vitro culture; in vitro studies; microsatellite repeats; pollen; population dynamics; reproduction; seed germination; sex ratio; viability; wetlands; Poland; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Salix myrtilloides L. is an endangered species whose western limit of range runs through Poland. The main aim of the study was to increase the knowledge on the ecology and biology of S. myrtilloides populations in the Polesie Lubelskie region (Eastern Poland) in order to create an effective protection program. An 80% decrease in its population was found in this area. Our study was conducted to ide ...