Jump to Main Content
- TianZi, Chen; ShenJie, Wu; Jun, Zhao; WangZhen, Guo; TianZhen, Zhang
- Biotechnology letters 2010 v.32 no.4 pp. 547-555
- stigma, etc ; Agrobacterium; Southern blotting; cotton; flowering; genes; herbicide resistance; heritability; pistil; pollination; polymerase chain reaction; seeds; sucrose; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Transgenic cotton plants were developed by pistil drip inoculation in a solution containing Agrobacterium carrying a gene for resistance to the herbicide Basta (bar), 10% (w/v) sucrose, 0.05% (v/v) Silwet L-77 and 40 mg acetosyringone l⁻¹. Pistil drip during 17:00-19:00 on the first day of flowering resulted in 0.07-0.17% Basta-resistant plants/number of viable seeds generated, and stigma excision ...
- Pline, Wendy A.; Viator, Ryan; Wilcut, John W.; Edmisten, Keith L.; Thomas, Judith; Wells, Randy
- Weed science 2002 v.50 no.4 pp. 438-447
- stigma, etc ; 3-phosphoshikimate 1-carboxyvinyltransferase; Agrobacterium; Gossypium hirsutum; anthers; corolla; cotton; endoplasmic reticulum; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; females; flowering; glyphosate; herbicide resistance; leaves; males; pollen; pollination; ribosomes; starch granules; tissues; transmission electron microscopy; vacuoles; viability; weed science; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Glyphosate treatments to glyphosate-resistant (GR) cotton have been associated with poor pollination and increased boll abortion. Anatomical studies were conducted to characterize the effect of glyphosate treatments on the development of male and female reproductive organs of cotton flowers at anthesis. In comparison with nontreated plants, glyphosate applied at both the four-leaf stage postemerge ...
- Franklin, T.M.; Oldknow, J.; Trick, M.
- Sexual plant reproduction 1996 v.9 no.4 pp. 203-208
- stigma, etc ; Brassica oleracea; Brassica napus; Nicotiana tabacum; genes; pollination; genetic transformation; Agrobacterium; gene expression; pollen germination; transgenic plants; plant anatomy; developmental stages; Show all 13 Subjects