Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, Chengzhi, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.618 pp. 1605-1612
- adsorption; antibiotics; coastal water; ionic strength; pH; pollutants; resistance genes; sampling; seawater; time-weighted average
- ... As coastal waters in many regions of the world have been polluted by organic micro-pollutants such as antibiotics that can promote the development of resistance genes, it is of importance to monitor the levels of antibiotics in coastal waters. For this purpose, a reliable and robust sampling approach based on diffusive gradients in thin films (DGT) was developed in this study. The DGT measurement ...
- Zhou, Chengzhi, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Water research 2016
- antibiotics; brackish water; chlorides; environmental assessment; environmental fate; estuaries; free radicals; ionic strength; ions; marine environment; oxidation; photolysis; pollutants; risk; risk assessment; seawater; sulfamethoxazole; sulfapyridine
- ... The occurrence of sulfonamide antibiotics (SAs) in estuarine waters urges insights into their environmental fate for ecological risk assessment. Although many studies focused on the photochemical behavior of SAs, yet the effects of halide ions relevant to estuarine and marine environments on their photodegradation have been poorly understood. Here, we investigated the effects of halide ions on the ...