Jump to Main Content
- Morlay, Catherine, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Chemosphere 2020 v.245 pp. 125530
- activated carbon; adsorption; dissolved organic carbon; effluents; nitrites; ozonation; ozone; pollution control; total suspended solids; wastewater
- ... Advanced processes for the removal of organic micropollutants (OMPs) from wastewater effluents include adsorption onto activated carbon, ozonation, or a combination of both processes. The removal of 28 OMPs present in a real wastewater effluent was studied by ozonation coupled to activated carbon adsorption and compared to a sole adsorption. The influence of the specific ozone dose (0.09–1.29 gO₃/ ...
- Morlay, Catherine, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Chemosphere 2019 v.218 pp. 1050-1060
- activated carbon; adsorption; azithromycin; biological treatment; ozonation; pollutants; pollution control; sludge; sulfamethoxazole; wastewater treatment; Switzerland
- ... Several advanced treatments, such as ozonation or activated carbon adsorption, are currently considered for the removal of organic micropollutants (OMPs) in wastewater treatment plants (WWTP). However, little is known on the overall performances of a WWTP upgraded with those processes and the benefits provided regarding the elimination of multiple families of OMPs. In this study, 5 sampling campai ...