Jump to Main Content
- Gauquie, Johanna, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Chemosphere 2015 v.138 pp. 348-356
- additives; antioxidants; biofilm; coasts; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; pellets; plastics; pollutants; polychlorinated biphenyls; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; quantitative analysis; screening
- ... Chemical compounds present on plastic were characterised on different types of plastic litter and beached pellets, using a general GC–MS screening method. A variety of plastic related compounds, such as building blocks, antioxidants, additives and degradation products, were identified next to diverse environmental pollutants and biofilm compounds. A validated method for the analysis of PAHs and PC ...
- Gauquie, Johanna, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Chemosphere 2016 v.156 pp. 172-180
- antifouling agents; chemical analysis; copper; environmental assessment; heavy metals; mercury; models; monitoring; polychlorinated biphenyls; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; zinc; North Sea
- ... The chemical status of five dredged spoil disposal sites in the Belgian Part of the North Sea is evaluated. A linear mixed-effect model was applied to PCB, PAH and heavy metal data from 2005 to 2014. No decrease in PCB concentrations was found, with even an increase at two disposal sites. Hg/AL ratios increased with 62% at one disposal site (BR&WS2) from 2005 to 2006 to 2013–2014. Cu and Zn concen ...