Jump to Main Content
- Lee, Kyung
Min, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- ACS applied materials 2016 v.8 no.41 pp. 28040-28046
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; batteries; electric power; energy use and consumption; industry; liquid crystals; mechanical properties; polymerization; polymers; ultraviolet radiation
- ... Liquid crystal monomers are widely employed in industry to prepare optical compensating films as well as extend or enhance the properties of certain display modes. Because of the thermotropic nature of liquid crystalline materials, polymerization of liquid crystalline monomers (sometimes referred to as reactive mesogens) is often initiated by radical photoinitiation (photopolymerization) of (meth) ...
- Lee, Kyung Min, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2018 v.10 no.33 pp. 28062-28068
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; absorption; depolymerization; electrodes; electron transfer; light emitting diodes; liquefaction; nanosilver; nanowires; photons; polymers; temperature
- ... We demonstrate phototriggered depolymerization of a low ceiling temperature (Tc) polymer, poly(phthalaldehyde) (PPHA), via internal light emission from integrated organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs) fabricated directly on flexible PPHA substrates with silver nanowire electrodes. The depolymerization of the PPHA substrates is triggered by absorption of the OLED emission by a sensitizer that activ ...