Jump to Main Content
- Hosseini-Mazinani, Mehdi, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Annals of botany 2017 v.119 no.8 pp. 1305-1318
- Bayesian theory; Olea europaea; biogeography; chloroplasts; climatic factors; cultivars; domestication; ecotypes; gene flow; genetic variation; germplasm; indigenous species; inheritance (genetics); microsatellite repeats; models; olives; plants (botany); population structure; Iran; Mediterranean region
- ... Background and Aims Olive is considered a native plant of the eastern side of the Mediterranean basin, from where it should have spread westward along the Mediterranean shores, while little is known about its diffusion in the eastern direction. Methods Genetic diversity levels and population genetic structure of a wide set of olive ecotypes and varieties collected from several provinces of Iran, r ...
- Hosseini Mazinani, Mehdi, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Genetic resources and crop evolution 2014 v.61 no.4 pp. 775-785
- cultivars; ecotypes; genetic variation; lipid content; olives; parentage; parents; population structure; progeny; trees; wild plants; Iran
- ... Unidentified olive plants naturally grow in the Golestan province of Iran, on different soils and under climates spanning from sub-temperate to desert conditions, represented by single trees or groups of few trees. We collected samples from representative sites and analyzed them by simple sequence repeat markers in order to determine their identity and their relationships to prominent Iranian and ...