Jump to Main Content
- Mokni, Nadia
- Environmental earth sciences 2016 v.75 no.14 pp. 1087
- bentonite; laboratory experimentation; mercury; models; porosity; prediction; radioactive waste; sand; uncertainty
- ... In this paper, a double structure formulation is used to describe the behaviour of compacted bentonite/sand mixtures intended as sealing material in underground repositories for nuclear waste. The formulation accounts for the presence of two distinct porosity levels in the material as revealed in the pore size distributions determined by mercury intrusion porosimetry technique. Non-equilibrium hyd ...
- Mokni, Nadia, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Engineering geology 2018 v.243 pp. 18-25
- anisotropy; bentonite; cell walls; friction; mechanical properties; porosity; protocols; radioactive waste; radioprotective effect; relative humidity; waste disposal
- ... Non-compacted pellet/powder bentonite mixtures are considered as candidate sealing plug materials in geological disposals of radioactive waste. Due to its nature, this mixture is characterized by a heterogeneous porosity network, which is responsible for its complex hydro-mechanical (HM) behaviour. The French Institute of Radioprotection and Nuclear Safety (IRSN) has investigated this mixture with ...