Jump to Main Content
- Barry, Kathryn E., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Thejournal of ecology 2018 v.106 no.5 pp. 2002-2018
- belowground biomass; biomass production; deuterium oxide; ecological function; grasslands; nitrogen; potassium; space and time; species diversity; stable isotopes; tracer techniques
- ... Below‐ground resource partitioning is among the most prominent hypotheses for driving the positive biodiversity–ecosystem function relationship. However, experimental tests of this hypothesis in biodiversity experiments are scarce, and the available evidence is not consistent. We tested the hypothesis that resource partitioning in space, in time or in both space and time combined drives the positi ...
- Barry, Kathryn E., et al. Show all 22 Authors
- Oecologia 2017 v.185 no.3 pp. 499-511
- Sarcoptiformes; chemistry; ecological function; environmental factors; grasses; grasslands; legumes; lignin; magnesium; models; potassium; soil; soil fauna; species diversity; structural equation modeling
- ... Plant diversity influences many ecosystem functions including root decomposition. However, due to the presence of multiple pathways via which plant diversity may affect root decomposition, our mechanistic understanding of their relationships is limited. In a grassland biodiversity experiment, we simultaneously assessed the effects of three pathways—root litter quality, soil biota, and soil abiotic ...