Jump to Main Content
- Feng, Zhong-Tao, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant growth regulation 2016 v.79 no.3 pp. 391-399
- Triticum aestivum; absorption; calcium chloride; cations; cultivars; growth retardation; hydrogen sulfide; potassium; salt stress; seedling growth; seedlings; sodium; sodium chloride; stress response; transportation; wheat
- ... Hydrogen sulfide (H₂S) is an important gaseous molecule in a number of plant developmental processes and stress responses. Triticum aestivum L. (LM 15) is a salt-sensitive wheat cultivar that was used here to examine the effect of exogenous H₂S on seedling growth, Na⁺ and K⁺ concentration, and Na⁺ transportation under NaCl stress. The results showed that pretreatment with 0.05 mM sodium hydrosulfi ...
- Feng, Zhong-Tao, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Plant science 2015 v.238 pp. 286-296
- Limonium; apoplast; cytoplasm; freezing; potassium; salinity; salt tolerance; secretion; sodium; sodium chloride
- ... Recretohalophytes with specialized salt-secreting structures (salt glands) can secrete excess salts from plant, while discriminating between Na+ and K+. K+/Na+ ratio plays an important role in plant salt tolerance, but the distribution and role of K+ in the salt gland cells is poorly understood. In this article, the in situ subcellular localization of K and Na in the salt gland of the recretohalop ...