Jump to Main Content
- Yao, Wenkong, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Plant, cell and environment 2019 v.42 no.11 pp. 2979-2998
- Arabidopsis; Golovinomyces; Uncinula necator; Vitis vinifera; fungi; gene expression; genes; hypersensitive response; mesophyll; mycelium; pathogens; phytoalexins; plant response; powdery mildew; resveratrol; root tips; salicylic acid; transcription factors; transcriptomics; transgenic plants; trihydroxystilbene synthase; vascular bundles
- ... Accumulation of stilbene phytoalexins stimulates resistance mechanisms against the grapevine fungus Uncinula necator. However, the defensive mechanisms triggered by stilbene synthase (STS) genes, remain largely unknown. Here, we report the function and molecular mechanism of the stilbene synthase gene VpSTS29/STS2 from Vitis pseudoreticulata in the regulation of plant responses to powdery mildew. ...
- Yao, Wenkong, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Plant science 2017 v.263 pp. 142-155
- F-box proteins; Kelch repeats; RNA interference; Uncinula necator; Vitis; cytoplasm; disease resistance; fluorescence; gene overexpression; genetically modified organisms; germination; hydrogen peroxide; leaves; powdery mildew; proteasome endopeptidase complex; proteasome inhibitors; proteolysis; thioredoxins; transcription (genetics); translation (genetics); ubiquitin-protein ligase
- ... An F-box protein (VpEIFP1) induced by Erysiphe necator was isolated from Vitis pseudoreticulata, a wild Chinese grapevine species naturally resistant to powdery mildew (PM). It contains an F-box domain and two Kelch-repeat motifs. Expression profiles indicate the VpEIFP1 is strongly induced at both transcriptional and translational levels by PM infection. A subcellular localisation assay showed th ...
- Yao, Wenkong, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Planta 2013 v.237 no.1 pp. 293-303
- Arabidopsis; Vitis vinifera; disease resistance; gene expression; genotype; grapes; heat stress; heat treatment; ligases; pathogens; phenotype; plant response; powdery mildew; promoter regions; proteins
- ... RING-finger proteins (RFP) function as ubiquitin ligases and play key roles in plant responses to biotic and abiotic stresses. However, little information is available on the regulation of RFP expression. Here, we isolate and characterize the RFP promoter sequence from the disease-resistant Chinese wild grape Vitis pseudoreticulata accession Baihe-35-1. Promoter-GUS fusion assays revealed that def ...