Jump to Main Content
- Yao, Xiaoyou, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Canadian journal of soil science 2019 v.99 no.3 pp. 321-333
- geographic information systems; land use; local government; models; prediction; soil erosion; vegetation cover
- ... An error-free and fast approach for the identification of the area dynamics of soil erosion intensity (SEI) is essential for local governments. In this study, a simple method combination of the vegetation cover, gradient slope, and land use coupling index (vegetation and slope coupling index) model with field sampling unit schemes was explored to estimate the area variations of SEI between the yea ...
- Yao, Xiaoyou, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Catena 2018 v.165 pp. 465-472
- Universal Soil Loss Equation; kriging; prediction; soil erosion; surveys; topographic maps; China
- ... The Universal Soil Loss Equation (USLE) is an empirical equation commonly applied to predict soil erosion throughout the world. In China, the Chinese Soil Loss Equation (CSLE) has been developed for estimating annual soil erosion by water on the basis of the USLE. It is proven that two factors (i.e., sampling density and extrapolation method) are important in the application of CSLE for soil erosi ...