Jump to Main Content
- Kocyłowski, Rafał; Lewicka, Iwona; Grzesiak, Mariusz; Gaj, Zuzanna; Oszukowski, Przemysław; von Kaisenberg, Constantin; Suliburska, Joanna
- Biological trace element research 2018 v.182 no.2 pp. 217-223
- umbilical arteries, etc ; atomic absorption spectrometry; blood sampling; blood serum; calcium; childbirth; copper; gestational age; iron; magnesium; mineral content; minerals; neonates; pregnancy; pregnant women; umbilical cord; umbilical veins; zinc; Poland; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The mineral levels in maternal serum change during pregnancy and may be correlated with those of newborn cord blood. The aim of this study was to evaluate the concentrations of calcium (Ca), magnesium (Mg), zinc (Zn), iron (Fe), and copper (Cu) in maternal blood before and after delivery and in umbilical cord vein and artery serum. The study was carried out in 64 Caucasian pregnant women who deliv ...
- PubMed Central:
- Russell, Noirin E.; Higgins, Mary F.; Amaruso, Michael; Foley, Michael; McAuliffe, F.M.
- Diabetes care 2009 v.32 no.11 pp. 2050-2055
- umbilical arteries, etc ; biomarkers; blood serum; cardiac output; cardiomyopathy; correlation; fetus; glycemic control; hyperglycemia; hypoxia; infants; insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; mothers; natriuretic peptides; observational studies; patients; pregnancy; troponin T; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... OBJECTIVE: Cardiomyopathy is noted in up to 40% of infants of diabetic mothers, and the exact mechanisms are unknown. The aim of this study was to determine whether fetal serum markers of cardiac function differ between normal and type 1 diabetic pregnancies and to examine the relationship between these markers and fetal cardiac structure and function. RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS: This was a prosp ...
- PubMed Central: