Jump to Main Content
- Saphores, Jean-Daniel M., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Resources, Conservation & Recycling 2014 v.92 pp. 1-10
- African Americans; attitudes and opinions; data collection; glass; households; issues and policy; logit analysis; metals; national surveys; odds ratio; plastics; prices; recycling; socioeconomic factors; wastes; young adults; United States
- ... This paper analyzes a unique dataset collected during a 2006 national survey of U.S. households to explore the effectiveness of common household recycling policies for metals, glass, and plastics: curbside recycling, drop-off recycling, deposit–refund systems (bottle bills), and marginal pricing for household waste. After estimating either generalized ordered logit or multinomial logit models, we ...
- Saphores, Jean-Daniel M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Landscape and urban planning 2015 v.133 pp. 105-117
- canopy; cities; demand elasticities; grasses; green roofs; land cover; land use; models; normalized difference vegetation index; parks; planting; prices; remote sensing; trees; California
- ... Many cities around the world have undertaken greening programs (e.g., planting urban trees, adding or enhancing parks, providing incentives for green roofs) to benefit from the amenities of urban green spaces. To evaluate the economic benefits of these programs, hedonic pricing is the approach of choice but its application depends on the availability of adequate land cover data. In this context, t ...