Jump to Main Content
- Di Pillo, Francisca, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2019 v.164 pp. 41-48
- animal diseases; animal health; biosecurity; birds; cash flow analysis; dead animals; farmers; flocks; food security; households; low income households; markets; per-capita income; poultry; poultry production; poverty; prices; production technology; profitability; questionnaires; rearing; regression analysis; risk; socioeconomic factors; supply chain; transportation; women; Chile
- ... Backyard production systems (BPS) that involve poultry are a good way to improve food security and poverty alleviation. Few studies have been carried out to quantify the contribution of poultry production to these households and the constraints they might face if a priority animal disease enters these systems. This study aims to characterize the poultry-rearing BPS in central Chile and to identify ...
- Di Pillo, Francisca, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of food protection 2018 v.81 no.2 pp. 272-278
- Salmonella Enteritidis; Salmonella Heidelberg; Salmonella Infantis; bacteriophages; biological control; cloaca; environmental factors; farms; feces; genetic relationships; host range; hosts; production technology; restriction fragment length polymorphism; salmonellosis; serotypes
- ... The genus Salmonella has more than 2,600 serovars, and this trait is important when considering interventions for Salmonella control. Bacteriophages that are used for biocontrol must have an exclusively lytic cycle and the ability to lyse several Salmonella serovars under a wide range of environmental conditions. Salmonella phages were isolated and characterized from 34 backyard production systems ...