Jump to Main Content
- Hosseini-Mazinani, Mehdi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Plant cell reports 2015 v.34 no.7 pp. 1151-1164
- Olea europaea; adventitious roots; alleles; crops; loci; messenger RNA; olives; progeny; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rooting; single nucleotide polymorphism; trees; vegetative propagation
- ... KEY MESSAGE : Different rooting ability candidate genes were tested on an olive cross progeny. Our results demonstrated that only the AOX2 gene was strongly induced. OeAOX2 was fully characterised and correlated to phenotypical traits. The formation of adventitious roots is a key step in the vegetative propagation of trees crop species, and this ability is under strict genetic control. While numer ...
- Hosseini Mazinani, Mehdi, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Genetic resources and crop evolution 2014 v.61 no.4 pp. 775-785
- cultivars; ecotypes; genetic variation; lipid content; olives; parentage; parents; population structure; progeny; trees; wild plants; Iran
- ... Unidentified olive plants naturally grow in the Golestan province of Iran, on different soils and under climates spanning from sub-temperate to desert conditions, represented by single trees or groups of few trees. We collected samples from representative sites and analyzed them by simple sequence repeat markers in order to determine their identity and their relationships to prominent Iranian and ...