Jump to Main Content
- Du, Guan-Hua, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- RSC advances 2017 v.7 no.75 pp. 47758-47766
- Western blotting; apoptosis; caspase-3; cognition; eosin; galactose; glutathione peroxidase; hippocampus; intraperitoneal injection; licorice; medicinal properties; memory; neurons; oxidative stress; protective effect; rats; staining; superoxide dismutase
- ... Licorice, an edible and officinal plant, has attracted considerable attention for its wide range of pharmacological activities. The present study focused on the protective effect of licorice on aging rats and on exploring its potential mechanisms. Aging in rats was induced by d-gal (300 mg kg⁻¹) for 5 weeks continuously with intraperitoneal injection, while control rats received physiological sali ...
- DU, Guan-Hua, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Chinese journal of natural medicines 2013 v.11 no.3 pp. 207-213
- Western blotting; acids; antagonists; blood; epoxide hydrolase; hippocampus; humans; immunohistochemistry; infarction; inhibitory concentration 50; ischemia; protective effect; rats; tail
- ... AIM: To investigate the relationship between cerebroprotection of pinocembrin and epoxyeicosatrienoic acids (EETs) and their regulating enzyme soluble epoxide hydrolase (sEH). METHODS: Rats underwent middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) to mimic permanent focal ischemia, and pinocembrin was administrated via tail vein injection at 10 min, 4 h, 8 h and 23 h after MCAO. After 24 MCAO, rats were r ...
- Du, Guan-Hua, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of Asian natural products research 2012 v.14 no.11 pp. 1084-1092
- antagonists; blood; epoxide hydrolase; fluorescence; hippocampus; humans; immunohistochemistry; in vitro studies; infarction; inhibitory concentration 50; protective effect; protein synthesis; rats; salvianolic acid
- ... Epoxyeicosatrienoic acids (EETs) and their regulating enzyme soluble epoxide hydrolase (sEH) have been associated with ischemic stroke. Salvianolic acid A (SAA) is proved to display potent cerebroprotection. However, little information is available about the link between them. This study aimed to investigate whether SAA exhibits its protective effects in rats subjected to middle cerebral artery oc ...