Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Yiqing, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of food science 2016 v.81 no.8 pp. E1949
- Colby cheese; casein; crosslinking; dry matter accumulation; hardness; iota-carrageenan; kappa carrageenan; lambda-carrageenan; low fat cheeses; nitrogen content; pH; protein content; ripening; storage modulus; texture; water binding capacity
- ... The effect of carrageenan (κ‐carrageenan, ι‐carrageenan, and λ‐carrageenan) on the physiochemical and functional properties of low‐fat Colby cheese during ripening was investigated. Protein, fat, and moisture contents; the soluble fractions of the total nitrogen at pH 4.6; protein and fat recovery; and the actual yield and dry matter yield (DM yield) were monitored. Hardness, springiness, and the ...
- XU, YIQING, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of food process engineering 2011 v.34 no.5 pp. 1793-1803
- activated carbon; adsorption; apple juice; enzymatic treatment; polyphenols; process monitoring; protein content; proteins; turbidity
- ... The secondary haze formation in clarified apple juice produced under enzymolysis and adsorption processing conditions was studied in order to control the haze formation by monitoring the processing conditions of enzymolysis and adsorption. The turbidity and content of haze‐active protein and content of haze‐active phenolics of the apple juice were monitored at intervals. Haze formation could be pr ...