Jump to Main Content
- Obořil, Michal, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2015 v.97 pp. 82-95
- Nicotiana tabacum; Phytophthora cryptogea; acidification; alkalinization; amino acids; bioactive properties; cytosol; defense mechanisms; hydroxy fatty acids; leaf development; lipid peroxidation; malondialdehyde; metabolism; mutants; mutation; necrosis; nitric oxide; pathogens; plant tissues; protein structure; proteins; sterols; transcription (genetics)
- ... Cryptogein, a protein from oomycete Phytophthora cryptogea, induces a hypersensitive cell death in Nicotiana tabacum. We prepared a new series of cryptogein mutant proteins with altered abilities to bind sterols and with altered charge distribution in the proteins. The effect of the mutations on the cryptogein ability to induce plant defence mechanisms associated with hypersensitive cell death wer ...
- Obořil, Michal, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of experimental botany 2012 v.63 no.5 pp. 2203-2215
- Phytophthora cryptogea; binding sites; cell suspension culture; extracellular fluids; genes; leaves; mutants; plasma membrane; protein structure; proteins; proteome; reactive oxygen species; site-directed mutagenesis; sterols; tobacco
- ... Cryptogein is a proteinaceous elicitor secreted by Phytophthora cryptogea that can induce resistance to P. parasitica in tobacco plants. On the basis of previous computer modelling experiments, by site-directed mutagenesis a series of cryptogein variants was prepared with altered abilities to bind sterols, phospholipids or both. The sterol binding and phospholipid transfer activities corresponded ...
- PubMed Central: