Jump to Main Content
- Kurtz, R.W., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of invertebrate pathology 2007 v.95 no.3 pp. 227-230
- Gossypium; cotton; transgenic plants; Bacillus thuringiensis; crystal proteins; insecticidal proteins; protein synthesis; Helicoverpa zea; Heliothis virescens; cross resistance; resistance management
- ... Syngenta is seeking commercial registration for VipCot cotton, a pyramided transgenic cotton trait that expresses two insecticidal proteins derived from Bacillus thuringiensis Vip3A and Cry1Ab. Both proteins are highly effective against two key cotton pests, Helicoverpa zea cotton bollworm; and Heliothis virescens, tobacco budworm. To investigate the role of VipCot cotton in delaying the developme ...
- Kurtz, Adam E., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental science & technology 2019 v.53 no.5 pp. 2830-2839
- Cetacea; Western blotting; biomarkers; carboxylic acids; cytochrome P-450; gene expression; high performance liquid chromatography; kidneys; liver; marine mammals; messenger RNA; perfluorocarbons; perfluorooctane sulfonic acid; peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha; phylogeny; protein synthesis; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; regression analysis; tandem mass spectrometry; toxicity; transcription (genetics)
- ... Perfluorinated alkyl acids (PFAAs) are persistent in marine biota and are toxic to many species, including marine mammals. We measured the concentrations of 15 PFAAs in liver and kidney samples of 16 species of stranded cetaceans from Hawai‘i and other tropical North Pacific regions utilizing high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS). Eleven PFAAs in liver and nine ...