Jump to Main Content
- Netto, Flávia M., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2015 v.151 pp. 16-24
- amino acids; calcium chloride; electrophoresis; fermented meat; firmness; hardness; manufacturing; potassium chloride; proteins; proteolysis; rheological properties; salt substitutes; sodium chloride
- ... The effect of a 50% reduction of NaCl and its replacement by KCl, CaCl2, and a blend of KCl and CaCl2 (1:1) on the proteolysis and rheological properties of dry fermented sausages was investigated. The reduction or replacement of NaCl by KCl did not cause changes in the electrophoretic profile and the addition of CaCl2 decreased the degradation of sarcoplasmic proteins during the manufacturing pro ...
- Netto, Flavia M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2012 v.112 no.4 pp. 288-295
- Amaranthus caudatus; Food and Agriculture Organization; alkali treatment; amino acid composition; chemical precipitation; flour; isoleucine; limiting amino acids; lysine; methionine; molecular weight; nutritive value; phenylalanine; plant protein concentrates; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; protein content; proteins; size exclusion chromatography; ultrafiltration; yields
- ... The aim of this study was to compare protein yield, protein concentration and physicochemical characteristics of Amaranth mantegazzianus protein concentrates (APC) obtained at pilot-scale by a conventional process (CP) (alkaline extraction and isoelectric precipitation) and two alternative processes (AP): (1) acid pre-treatment process combined with isoelectric precipitation and (2) acid pre-treat ...