Jump to Main Content
- Hosseini‐Mazinani, Mehdi, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2015 v.117 no.4 pp. 523-531
- color; cultivars; fatty acid composition; flowering; fruiting; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; linoleic acid; lipid content; mesocarp; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; oils; oleic acid; olives; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; ripening
- ... To understand the molecular basis of the higher oleic/linoleic acid content in Mari and Koroneiki with respect to Shengeh and Arbequina olive cultivars, we have focused on analysis of fatty acids, as well as expression levels of OeSAD and three oleate desaturase genes during fruit development and ripening. The mesocarp oil content was determined using a Minispec NMR. Moreover, oleic and linoleic a ...
- Hosseini-Mazinani, Mehdi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Plant cell reports 2015 v.34 no.7 pp. 1151-1164
- Olea europaea; adventitious roots; alleles; crops; loci; messenger RNA; olives; progeny; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rooting; single nucleotide polymorphism; trees; vegetative propagation
- ... KEY MESSAGE : Different rooting ability candidate genes were tested on an olive cross progeny. Our results demonstrated that only the AOX2 gene was strongly induced. OeAOX2 was fully characterised and correlated to phenotypical traits. The formation of adventitious roots is a key step in the vegetative propagation of trees crop species, and this ability is under strict genetic control. While numer ...