Jump to Main Content
- Pitz, Carline, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Ecological engineering 2019 v.127 pp. 510-518
- Buddleja davidii; Senecio inaequidens; agricultural land; bedrock; byproducts; chalk grasslands; cost effectiveness; dust; field experimentation; functional diversity; germination; habitats; indigenous species; introduced plants; invasive species; limestone; mining; quarries; seed mixtures; sowing; species abundance; terraces
- ... Habitats being restored in Belgian quarries are easily invaded by non-native plant species, which can hamper the germination and development of vegetation deemed to be of high conservation value. Substrates of terraces created when mining limestone quarries could be inhospitable to native plants. However, they can provide opportunities for establishing specific vegetation, such as dry calcareous g ...
- Pitz, Carline, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Folia geobotanica 2018 v.53 no.2 pp. 147-158
- chalk grasslands; limestone; meadows; multidimensional scaling; plant communities; prediction; quarries
- ... We examined if naturally recruited herbaceous vegetation in abandoned Belgian limestone quarries tend towards plant communities analogous to semi-natural habitats of conservation interest. We studied taxon-based assemblages (using two-dimensional non-metric multidimensional scaling ordination) and functional patterns (relative to Grime’s competitor, stress tolerator and ruderal plant strategies (C ...