Jump to Main Content
- Medica, Philip A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- American journal of botany 2015 v.102 no.1 pp. 85-91
- Lepus californicus; Yucca brevifolia; climate; climate change; demography; drought; hares; herbivores; longevity; perennials; rain; seedlings; summer; survival rate; trees; urbanization; wildfires; Nevada
- ... • Premise of study: Accurate demographic information about long-lived plant species is important for understanding responses to large-scale disturbances, including climate change. It is challenging to obtain these data from desert perennial plants because seedling establishment is exceptionally rare, and estimates of survival are lacking for their vulnerable early stages. Desert wildfires, urbaniz ...
- Medica, Philip A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ecological monographs 1982 v.52 no.3 pp. 243-259
- Gambelia; adults; age structure; air temperature; clutch size; data collection; egg production; equations; females; irrigation; lizards; models; population density; population dynamics; predation; prediction; rain; regression analysis; spring; survival rate; winter; yearlings; Nevada
- ... Population densities, reproduction, and survival of the lizard Uta stansburiana were measured at the Nevada Test Site in southern Nevada, USA, between 1964 and 1974. These data were used to develop a model of the population dynamics of this species. Results of irrigation experiments in 0.4—ha enclosures near Mercury, Nevada, were used to formulate multiple—regression equations predicting frequency ...