Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: kyung?
- Kwon, Kyoung Ja, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Phytotherapy research 2016 v.30 no.1 pp. 58-65
- Alzheimer disease; Ginkgo biloba; anti-inflammatory activity; antioxidants; cell death; gene expression; gene expression regulation; leaves; messenger RNA; models; neurodegenerative diseases; neurons; neurotoxicity; rats; stroke; t-plasminogen activator; transcription (genetics); translation (genetics)
- ... EGb 761®, a standardized extract of Ginkgo biloba leaves, has antioxidant and antiinflammatory properties in experimental models of neurodegenerative disorders such as stroke and Alzheimer's disease. Tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) acts a neuromodulator and plays a crucial role in the manifestation of neurotoxicity leading to exaggerated neuronal cell death in neurological insult conditions. In ...
- Kwon, Kyoung Ja, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2013 v.51 pp. 288-296
- Oriental traditional medicine; Panax; adverse effects; autism; dose response; humans; locomotion; medicinal plants; models; nervous system; neural tube defects; patients; phenotype; progeny; rats; tea; toxicology; valproic acid
- ... Ginseng is one of the most widely used medicinal plants, which belongs to the genus Panax. Compared to uncured white ginseng, red ginseng has been generally regarded to produce superior pharmacological effects with lesser side/adverse effects, which made it popular in a variety of formulation from tea to oriental medicine. Using the prenatal valproic acid (VPA)-injection model of autism spectrum d ...
- Kwon, Kyoung Ja, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Life sciences 2013 v.92 no.17-19 pp. 929-937
- Western blotting; astrocytes; brain; casein; cell viability; gene expression; gene expression regulation; glucose; messenger RNA; rats; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; signal transduction; t-plasminogen activator; translation (genetics)
- ... AIMS: Tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) is an essential neuromodulator whose involvement in multiple functions such as synaptic plasticity, cytokine-like immune function and regulation of cell survival mandates rapid and tight tPA regulation in the brain. We investigated the possibility that a transient metabolic challenge induced by glucose deprivation may affect tPA activity in rat primary astr ...