Jump to Main Content
- Holowka, David, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Journal of physical chemistry 2018 v.122 no.13 pp. 3500-3513
- artificial intelligence; emulsions; energy; lipids; mast cells; models; physical chemistry; plasma membrane; receptors; tyrosine
- ... Lipid phase heterogeneity in the plasma membrane is thought to be crucial for many aspects of cell signaling, but the physical basis of participating membrane domains such as “lipid rafts” remains controversial. Here we consider a lattice model yielding a phase diagram that includes several states proposed to be relevant for the cell membrane, including microemulsion—which can be related to membra ...
- Holowka, David, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2008 v.105 no.45 pp. 17238-17244
- actin; adhesion; calcium; fluorescence microscopy; immunoglobulin E; integrins; leukemia; ligands; mast cells; microfilaments; neoplasm cells; peptides; phosphorylation; rats; receptors; silicon; small interfering RNA; talin
- ... Patterned surfaces that present specific ligands in spatially defined arrays are used to examine structural linkages between clustered IgE receptors (IgE-FcεRI) and the cytoskeleton in rat basophilic leukemia (RBL) mast cells. We showed with fluorescence microscopy that cytoskeletal F-actin concentrates in the same regions as cell surface IgE-FcεRI that bind to the micrometer-size patterned ligand ...
- PubMed Central: