Jump to Main Content
- Marchini, Marianna, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Chemical communications 2019 v.55 no.48 pp. 6838-6841
- alcohols; aldehydes; allylation; catalysts; catalytic activity; heterocyclic compounds; irradiation; nickel; redox reactions; ruthenium
- ... Here we report the application of dual nickel/photoredox catalysis to the allylation of aliphatic, aromatic and heteroaromatic aldehydes by using commercially available reagents. The process utilizes the combination of a Ni(ii) complex, [Ru(bpy)₃]²⁺ as a photoredox catalyst, and allylacetate under blue LED irradiation, and allows the synthesis of a large variety of homoallylic alcohols. ...
- Marchini, Marianna, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Chemical communications 2018 v.54 no.72 pp. 10044-10047
- catalytic activity; coumarin; dyes; redox reactions; reducing agents; triethylamine
- ... Here we report the application of readily prepared and available coumarin dyes for photoredox catalysis, which are able to mimic powerful reductant [Ir(iii)] complexes. Coumarin derivatives 9 and 10 were employed as photoreductants in pinacol coupling and in other reactions, in the presence of Et₃N as a sacrificial reducing agent. As the electronic, photophysical, and steric properties of coumarin ...