Jump to Main Content
- Suri, Mayhah R., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental research 2019 v.171 pp. 193-203
- climate; climate change; coastal plains; cropland; cultivation area; ecological zones; groundwater; groundwater extraction; humans; irrigated farming; regression analysis; wastewater treatment; water table; wells; Chesapeake Bay; Mid-Atlantic region; Virginia
- ... Climate change impacts all water sources, including high quality groundwater that supplies agricultural irrigation in many regions of the United States. This study assessed groundwater level changes in the U.S. Mid-Atlantic region with a focus on cultivated areas. Trends of groundwater level were estimated using linear regression, and examined for shallow, medium, and deep depths across physiograp ...
- Suri, Mayhah R., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Environmental research 2019 v.172 pp. 345-357
- agricultural runoff; education; farmers; food safety; groundwater; irrigation water; regression analysis; risk; surface water; surveys; water quality; United States
- ... Water is a key resource for agricultural production in the United States. Due to projected changes in water availability across the country, long-term sustainability of agricultural production may rely on finding alternatives to traditional water sources. The aim of this study was to assess farmers' opinions on the use of nontraditional water sources (e.g., agricultural runoff, treated wastewater, ...