Jump to Main Content
- Lotz, Wolfhardt, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Remote sensing of environment 2017 v.197 pp. 125-140
- aerosols; algorithms; correlation; data collection; equations; governmental programs and projects; image analysis; moderate resolution imaging spectroradiometer; reflectance; remote sensing; spectrometers; urban areas; vegetation
- ... The MEdium Resolution Imaging Spectrometer (MERIS) instrument on board European Space Agency (ESA) Envisat made measurements from 2002 to 2012. Although MERIS was limited in spectral coverage, accurate Aerosol Optical Thickness (AOT) from MERIS data are retrieved by using appropriate additional information. We introduce a new AOT retrieval algorithm for MERIS over land surfaces, referred to as eXt ...
- PubMed Central:
- Lotz, Wolfhardt, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Remote sensing of environment 2017 v.197 pp. 141-160
- aerosols; algorithms; altitude; biomass; burning; color; dust; experts; geophysics; ice; image analysis; instrumentation; lidar; models; radiative transfer; reflectance; remote sensing; snow; spectrometers; vegetation
- ... To determine aerosol optical thickness, AOT, and other geophysical parameters describing conditions in the atmosphere and at the earth's surface by inversion of remote sensing measurements from space based instrumentation, it is necessary to separate ground scenes into cloud free and cloudy or cloud contaminated. Identifying the presence of cloud in a ground scene and establishing an accurate and ...