Jump to Main Content
- Silvester, Sacha, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Applied energy 2018 v.212 pp. 1226-1239
- bitumen; case studies; economic sustainability; electric vehicles; energy transfer; highways; models; prototypes; renewable energy sources
- ... Development of electric mobility and sustainable energy result in new technologies such as contactless electric vehicle charging and roadway energy harvesting methods, but also self-healing asphalt roads. By combining these technologies a new concept of Future Sustainable Roads for Electric Mobility is created and presented in the paper. This paper bridges the gap created by these unilateral techn ...
- Silvester, Sacha, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2013 v.48 pp. 211-219
- airports; business enterprises; electricity; engineering; renewable energy sources; researchers; society; urban areas; urban development; vehicles (equipment)
- ... The electric mobility is a promising option to create a more sustainable mobility system for the future. The introduction of electric vehicles (EVs) into society poses several important challenges, such as; new interactions, limited driving range, and recharging time, and are relatively expensive. At system level there is an even bigger challenge; the use of EVs requires an adequate charging and e ...