Jump to Main Content
- Bernas, E.
- International journal of food properties 2017 v.20 no.sup2 pp. 1613-1626
- Agaricus bisporus; citric acid; free amino acids; freezing; frozen storage; glutamic acid; high performance liquid chromatography; isoascorbic acid; mass spectrometry; monosodium glutamate; mushrooms; riboflavin; sodium metabisulfite; taste; thiamin; umami
- ... In mushrooms the dominant taste is umami, which is created by monosodium glutamate (MSG)-like amino acids and 5’-nucleotides. In this research, the levels of 5’-nucleotides, free amino acids (liquid chromatography with mass spectrometry; LC-MS), and vitamins from the B-group (high-performance liquid chromatography; HPLC) in frozen white and brown Agaricus bisporus were determined. Before freezing, ...
- Bernaś, E., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food science and technology international 2011 v.17 no.4 pp. 331-341
- antioxidant activity; beverages; black currants; color; flavor; fructose; glucose; lactose; proteins; riboflavin; sensory evaluation; smell; storage time; sucrose; taste; thiamin; whey
- ... This study provides a qualitative comparison of blackcurrant and blackcurrant—whey beverages over a 12-month storage period. The amount of extract in the beverages was established as 12%, of which 25% was blackcurrant concentrate. Acid whey was used for the production of blackcurrant—whey beverages. In comparison to blackcurrant—whey beverages, blackcurrant beverages contained significantly more g ...