Jump to Main Content
- Chung, Sun Woo, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2019 v.245 pp. 163-170
- Vaccinium corymbosum; alpha-N-arabinofuranosidase; alpha-mannosidase; arabinose; beta-galactosidase; blueberries; cell wall components; cell walls; endo-1,4-beta-xylanase; enzyme activity; firmness; fruit quality; fruits; galactose; hemicellulose; microstructure; pectins; polygalacturonase; rhamnose; ripening; shelf life; tissues; water solubility
- ... Blueberry fruits undergo rapid softening, which has important consequences for postharvest shelf life. However, the mechanism of softening is not well understood. Here, we examined fruit quality characteristics and cell wall-associated fruit softening in ‘Bluecrop’ highbush blueberry by investigating cell wall composition, cell microstructure, and cell wall modifying enzyme activities at different ...
- Chung, Sun Woo, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Horticulture, environment and biotechnology 2016 v.57 no.5 pp. 424-430
- Vaccinium corymbosum; arabinose; color; cyanidin; delphinidin; flowering; fruits; galactose; glucose; glycosylation; malvidin; pelargonidin; petunidin; ripening
- ... We monitored accumulation in terms of different types of anthocyanidin, in association with fruit skin coloration, in ‘Bluecrop’ highbush blueberry (Vaccinium corymbosum L.) at three stages of ripening: pale green, ca. 30 days after full bloom (DAFB); reddish purple, ca. 40 DAFB; and dark purple, ca. 50 DAFB. Total anthocyanin contents increased during ripening, while fruit skin color steadily bec ...