Jump to Main Content
- Strobel, Bjarne W., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Soil Science Society of America journal 2012 v.76 no.4 pp. 1142-1148
- Triticum aestivum; ammonium compounds; ammonium fertilizers; biochar; carbon; leaching; nitrates; nitrogen; pyrolysis; risk; sandy soils; soil amendments; straw; topsoil; wheat
- ... Biochar amendment to soil may affect N turnover and retention, and may cause translocation of dissolved and particulate C. We investigated effects of three fine particulate biochars made of wheat (L.) straw (one by slow pyrolysis and two by fast pyrolysis) on N and C leaching from repacked sandy soil columns (length: 51 cm). Biochar (2 wt%), ammonium fertilizer (NH, amount corresponding to 300 kg ...
- Strobel, Bjarne W., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2013 v.43 pp. 132-140
- Artemisia annua; artemisinin; drying; edaphic factors; excretion; leaching; leaves; microextraction; rain; risk; roots; runoff; secondary metabolites; silicone; soil; toxicity
- ... Artemisia annua L. synthesizes and accumulates the secondary metabolite artemisinin, a compound with antimalarial properties. As cultivation of the plant is still the only cost effective source of artemisinin, the production takes place in monocultures of A. annua. Artemisinin is known to have insecticidal and herbicidal effects, and also of being toxic to A. annua. Knowing the magnitude of the di ...