Jump to Main Content
- Gheyssens, Jonathan, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of sustainable forestry 2017 v.36 no.5 pp. 535-553
- carbon dioxide; deforestation; emissions; forest ownership; forests; market prices; markets; risk; uncertainty
- ... The central role played by deforestation in the increase in global CO ₂ emissions has recently justified the development of new schemes which offer compensation in exchange for reductions in emissions from deforestation (Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation, REDD). The design of REDD projects can be based on market prices to set how deforesters are compensated for avoiding ...
- Gheyssens, Jonathan, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Ecosystem services 2019 v.36 pp. 100899
- assets; decision making; ecosystem services; monitoring; natural capital; private sector; risk
- ... Natural capital assets are currently under pressure globally. This pressure may result in changes in the function of ecological systems and associated ecosystem services, resulting in changes in the benefits derived by people. The loss of natural capital also translates into economic and business risk. While advances have been made to understand and classify ecosystem services, the linkages betwee ...