Jump to Main Content
- Lau, C., et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Environmental science & policy 2012 v.15 no.1 pp. 136-144
- agricultural management; agronomy; air temperature; aquaculture; climate; climate change; crops; environmental science; farmers; food security; information services; issues and policy; monitoring; prediction; rangelands; risk; rural poverty
- ... Agriculture and food security are key sectors for intervention under climate change. Agricultural production is highly vulnerable even to 2C (low-end) predictions for global mean temperatures in 2100, with major implications for rural poverty and for both rural and urban food security. Agriculture also presents untapped opportunities for mitigation, given the large land area under crops and rangel ...
- Lau, C. -P., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Thejournal of nutrition, health & aging 2012 v.16 no.4 pp. 383-388
- food frequency questionnaires; isoflavones; observational studies; patients; randomized clinical trials; regression analysis; risk; risk reduction; stroke
- ... BACKGROUND: Whether isoflavone has any effect on recurrent cardiovascular events is unknown. OBJECTIVE: To investigate the relations between isoflavone intake and the risk of stroke recurrence. SUBJECTS AND METHODS: We recruited 127 consecutive patients with prior history of atherothrombolic/ hemorrhagic stroke (mean age: 67 Â± 11 years, 69% male) and prospectively followed up for a mean duration ...