Jump to Main Content
- Santhi, C.; Kannan, N.; Arnold, J.G.; Di Luzio, M.
- Journal of the American Water Resources Association 2008 v.44 no.4 pp. 829
- hydrologic models, etc ; spatial variation; temporal variation; calibration; model validation; water management; water flow; rivers; basins; runoff; watershed hydrology; stream flow; Soil and Water Assessment Tool model; simulation models; Arkansas River; Ohio River; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Physically based regional scale hydrologic modeling is gaining importance for planning and management of water resources. Calibration and validation of such regional scale model is necessary before applying it for scenario assessment. However, in most regional scale hydrologic modeling, flow validation is performed at the river basin outlet without accounting for spatial variations in hydrological ...
- Menking, K.M.; Syed, K.H.; Anderson, R.Y.; Shafike, N.G.; Arnold, J.G.
- Hydrological sciences journal 2003 v.48 no.6 pp. 953
- hydrologic models, etc ; runoff; water balance; estimation; basins; stream flow; semiarid zones; Soil and Water Assessment Tool model; watersheds; climate change; paleoclimatology; groundwater; climatic factors; vegetation; simulation models; equations; New Mexico; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The 5000 km2 topographically closed Estancia basin in central New Mexico has been the focus of several palaeoclimatic studies based on changes in the level of late Pleistocene Lake Estancia. A large, unknown volume of surface runoff and groundwater from adjacent mountains contributed to the hydrological balance during highstands and lowstands. The US Department of Agriculture hydrological model SW ...