Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, Tongxin
- Journal of soils and sediments 2013 v.13 no.10 pp. 1770-1783
- hills; plateaus; rain; runoff; soil; topographic slope; watersheds; China
- ... Purpose: Closed erosion plots have been used extensively to investigate soil loss and its spatial variation within a watershed. However, erosion rates measured on closed plots at various locations within a watershed may not reflect the "real world" conditions due to plot boundary problems. The purpose of this study was to identify runoff and sediment sources in a semi-arid, complex terrain catchme ...
- Zhu, Tongxin, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of hydrology 2013 v.492 pp. 163-175
- drainage; hydrologic models; land use change; model validation; runoff; sediment transport; sediment yield; sediments; simulation models; soil conservation; soil erosion; soil erosion models; soil heterogeneity; stream flow; subwatersheds; topography; China
- ... This paper presents a modeling approach to simulate runoff and soil erosion at the small watersheds of the Three-Gorge Reservoir drainage area in China by using limited plot data on runoff-soil erosion. The approach coupled the empirical relationships between soil loss and runoff. This relationship is derived from the experimental plots under different land use types with a spatially distributed h ...