Jump to Main Content
- Muscará, Marcelo Nicolás, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Life sciences 2019 v.232 pp. 116604
- arginase; arginine; cytokines; fibrosis; kidney diseases; males; metabolism; models; muscle strength; patients; rats; renal function; sarcopenia; strength training
- ... Chronic kidney disease (CKD) patients present L-arginine (L-arg) deficiency and L-arg supplementation has been used as a treatment. In addition, sarcopenia is another common problem in CKD population, resistance training (RT) is one of the conservative strategies developed to prevent CKD progression, and however there are no evidences of a combination of these two strategies to treat CKD outcomes. ...
- Pinheiro, Marcelo de Medeiros, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- body composition; bone density; dietary protein; dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry; elderly; energy intake; essential amino acids; femur; food intake; lumbar spine; muscle strength; muscles; osteoporosis; protein intake; sarcopenia; skeletal muscle; women
- ... Background: An inadequate food intake, mainly with regard to protein intake, seems to contribute to a reduction of skeletal muscle and bone mass in the elderly. This study was undertaken to evaluate differences in protein intake in women with or without sarcopenia and verify the intake level that is related to a better bone and muscle mass. Methods: Elderly women older than 65 years with sarcopeni ...