Jump to Main Content
- Mélo, Tomás J. A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of polymers and the environment 2019 v.27 no.7 pp. 1439-1448
- cold; crystal structure; crystallization; differential scanning calorimetry; ethylene-vinyl acetate; impact strength; loss modulus; polylactic acid; rheology; scanning electron microscopy; storage modulus; temperature; vinyl acetate
- ... In this work, the effect of ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) content on the rheology, mechanical properties, and morphology of poly (lactic acid) (PLA)/EVA blends was investigated. Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) showed that the addition of EVA to PLA decreased the degree of crystallinity of PLA. Dynamic Mechanical Thermal Analysis (DMTA) results showed that the presence of EVA copolymer incre ...
- Mélo, Tomás J. A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of materials science 2008 v.43 no.13 pp. 4443-4449
- acrylic acid; extrusion; impact strength; maleic anhydrides; polyethylene; processing technology; scanning electron microscopy
- ... In this work, the effect of the processing method on the mechanical properties and morphology of compatibilized PA6/LDPE blends was investigated. The blends were prepared by two processing methods: Injection and Extrusion followed by Injection. The compatibilizers used were polyethylene grafted with acrylic acid (PEgAA) and polyethylene grafted with maleic anhydride (PEgMA). The results showed tha ...