Jump to Main Content
- Furumoto, Emily J., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- European journal of nutrition 2017 v.56 no.2 pp. 649-661
- Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis; Toll-like receptor 2; anti-inflammatory activity; fermentation; immune response; immunomodulators; males; monocytes; phenotype; probiotics; secretion; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; yogurt; young adults
- ... PURPOSE: Probiotic bacteria modulate immune parameters and inflammatory outcomes. Emerging evidence demonstrates that the matrix used to deliver probiotics may influence the efficacy of probiotic interventions in vivo. The aims of the current study were to evaluate (1) the effect of one species, Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis BB-12 at a dose of log10 ± 0.5 CFUs/day on immune responses in a ...
- Furumoto, Emily J., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Molecular nutrition & food research 2016 v.60 no.5 pp. 1161-1171
- Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis; T-lymphocytes; adults; cold; cross-over studies; cytotoxicity; fermentation; humans; immunity; influenza; interleukin-2; probiotics; questionnaires; secretion; yogurt
- ... SCOPE: Probiotics can modulate immunity and reduce upper respiratory tract infections (URTI) in humans; however few studies have examined both outcomes in the same trial. The goal of the current study was to investigate the effect of Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis BB‐12, on natural killer (NK) and T‐cell function in conjunction with self‐reported cold/flu outcomes in healthy adults. METHOD ...