Jump to Main Content
- You, Xiang; Yang, Lin-Tong; Qi, Yi-Ping; Guo, Peng; Lai, Ning-Wei; Ye, Xin; Li, Qiang; Chen, Li-Song
- Journal of plant physiology 2017 v.218 pp. 249-257
- roots, etc ; Citrus maxima; Citrus sinensis; amino acid metabolism; cytoskeleton; energy; leaf protein; leaves; manganese; photorespiration; protein composition; pummelos; reactive oxygen species; seedlings; signal transduction; stress response; two-dimensional gel electrophoresis; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Manganese (Mn)-intolerant ‘Sour pummelo’ (Citrus grandis) and Mn-tolerant ‘Xuegan’ (Citrus sinensis) seedlings were irrigated for 17 weeks with 2 (control) or 600μM (Mn-toxicity or −excess) MnSO4. C. sinensis had higher Mn-tolerance than C. grandis, as indicated by the higher photosynthesis rates in Mn-excess C. sinensis leaves. Under Mn-toxicity, Mn levels were similar between C. sinensis and C. ...
- You, Xiang; Yang, Lin-Tong; Lu, Yi-Bin; Li, Huan; Zhang, Shi-Qi; Chen, Li-Song
- Trees 2014 v.28 no.5 pp. 1383-1399
- roots, etc ; Citrus maxima; Citrus sinensis; carbohydrates; carbon; cell walls; cytoskeleton; energy metabolism; fatty acid metabolism; functional properties; gene expression regulation; glycolysis; manganese; nucleic acids; plant proteins; protein synthesis; proteomics; pummelos; seedlings; shoots; signal transduction; stress response; toxicity; two-dimensional gel electrophoresis; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... KEY MESSAGE : Fifty-three and thirty-nine differentially expressed protein spots were isolated from Mn-toxic Citrus sinensis and Citrus grandis roots, respectively. Mn-toxicity-induced changes in protein profiles greatly differed between the two species. Limited information is available on the manganese (Mn)-toxicity-responsive proteins in plant roots. ‘Sour pummelo’ (Citrus grandis) and ‘Xuegan’ ...