Jump to Main Content
- Edelenbos, Merete, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2013 v.54 no.1 pp. 165-170
- Helianthus tuberosus; Jerusalem artichokes; autumn; baking; boiling; carbohydrate content; cell membranes; correlation; hardness; inulin; overwintering; sensory evaluation; spring; sugars; sweetness; taste; texture; tubers; water binding capacity
- ... The Jerusalem artichoke (Helianthus tuberosus L.) tuber is a root vegetable with excellent gastronomic qualities, however the culinary properties are underexploited. Carbohydrate content, instrumental texture analysis and sensory profiling were used to study the effects of culinary preparation in three different varieties of Jerusalem artichoke tubers at two different harvest times. Texture attrib ...
- Edelenbos, Merete, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2015 v.95 no.9 pp. 1852-1859
- Beta vulgaris; beets; bitterness; boiling; color; dry matter content; frying; hardness; juiciness; raw materials; sensory evaluation; sugars
- ... BACKGROUND: Beetroot is a diverse vegetable available in different shapes and colours. The objectives of this study were to evaluate sensory qualities, and sugar and dry matter content of five beetroot varieties in relationship to the appropriateness for raw, boiled and pan‐fried preparation. RESULTS: Sensory evaluation by descriptive sensory analysis and consumer tests showed clear distinctions b ...