Jump to Main Content
- Edelenbos, Merete, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Postharvest biology and technology 2013 v.75 pp. 86-95
- risk; sensory evaluation; packaging; texture; multispectral imagery; freshness; color; green leafy vegetables; wavelengths; anaerobiosis; leaves; prediction
- ... Green color and texture are important attributes for the perception of freshness of wild rocket. Packaging of green leafy vegetables can postpone senescence and yellowing, but a drawback is the risk of anaerobic respiration leading to loss of tissue integrity and development of an olive-brown color. The hypothesis underlying this paper is that color and textural quality of packaged wild rocket lea ...
- Edelenbos, Merete, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Postharvest biology and technology 2012 v.73 pp. 99-106
- carbon dioxide; Diplotaxis tenuifolia; sensory evaluation; packaging; texture; freshness; storage temperature; aerobiosis; storage time; trays; color; odors; oxygen; leaves
- ... Sensory descriptive analysis was used to evaluate visual and overall freshness and the underlying attributes of freshness of packaged wild rocket (Diplotaxis tenuifolia L.) quality. Variation was induced by differences in package atmosphere, temperature and storage time. The leaves were packaged in trays wrapped in film with a low oxygen transmission rate (OTR) (low OTR; 0.65pmols⁻¹m⁻²kPa⁻¹) or hi ...